We finished harvesting the 21st of October. Actually one of the earlier finishes for us. Only two real breakdowns with the combine and they were small ones. One of the hose clamps on the air inlet pipe on the turbocharger broke. The other was a drive chain on the corn head. Semi’s were a problem early on, but the old 99 International once it was running ran great.
Oh by the way, this is Judi’s lessor half posting this, she is still trying to get caught up from being part of ” #occupycombine in #harvest11 “. She also has been helping me with fieldwork for next year’s crop. We did get one of our new wells hooked up to the house. Great to have “enough” water. We also added to the kids show string of heifers this last weekend, more on those girls later.
She is really a great combine operator and she does look for the last row of corn or soybeans every year. Found it two Fridays ago. I took her out to our favorite Italian restaurant last week. We celebrated and then went home and went back to work. She is just really busy right now, getting caught up with the kids and house stuff and computer stuff, and well the life of a farm wife/ farmer.
She would say she is just glad it is over for this year.