Moon Over My Grain Cart
Nov 03 2009
We found a field that was dry enough to get into. It is good to be going again. Had trouble with the head sensor. The head was bouncing. I couldn’t find the adjustment. So a quick phone call to L who informed me it was under the arm rest. That was easy. The semi lights kept flickering which turned out to be a bad cable. After running to get a replacement, William will fix that today. Also the straight truck’s alternator gave out. Taking that to Tuttle’s to work on. Even though we didn’t start ’til mid afternoon, we did take out almost 1/4 of the 160 acre field. After today though the elevators will begin to close early since they can only dry corn so fast. Ours was testing 22%. Most of what was going in from other fields was closer to 30.
I better get moving. William will call and ask where I’m at.
Wanted to add that the combine has a nifty light on the side for when the unloading auger is on. Just flip the switch for the turn signal you have more light to see where you are dumping corn.